The MacLaren Art Centre in downtown Barrie is the regional public art gallery serving the residents of Barrie, the County of Simcoe and the surrounding area. The Gallery has a permanent collection of 27,000 works of art held in trust for the public and presents a year-round programme of world-class exhibitions, education activities and special events. The MacLaren is housed in an award-winning building in downtown Barrie and the complex includes multiple galleries, an education centre, a sculpture courtyard, café, gift shop and framing department. The MacLaren is open to the public seven days week, excluding statutory holidays.
The MacLaren Art Centre is currently seeking candidates for the positions listed below:
Part-Time Contract Position
MacLaren Art Centre, Barrie
Reporting to the MacLaren Education Officer, the Artist Instructor is a
- BFA degree or college-level diploma in the visual arts
- At least
one yearin-class teaching experience with children, particularly ages 6 to 11 years
- Sound understanding of contemporary visual art and artistic practices
- Creative thinking and an innovative approach to programming
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Punctuality, flexibility and problem-solving skills
- A valid driver’s license and on-going access to a working vehicle
- A current criminal record check and vulnerable sector screening
- First Aid Certification is an asset
- Ability to lead programmes in French is an asset
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
This is a part-time contract position with hours as agreed and scheduled.
The MacLaren Art Centre is an equal opportunity employer serving our diverse communities. Although we appreciate all applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to supply a current criminal records check and vulnerable sector police screening before work can commence.
Please send a personalized cover letter and curriculum vitae in confidence
About the MacLaren Art Centre
The MacLaren Art Centre is the regional public art gallery serving Barrie, the County of Simcoe and the surrounding area. Housed in an award-winning building, the Gallery has a permanent collection of work by contemporary Canadian artists and presents a year-round programme of world-class exhibitions,
Gallery Café Assistant: Now hiring
- Post-secondary training or equivalent experience in the food service industry
- Experience in food preparation, operation of an espresso machine
- Smart Serve certification
- Bartending skills an asset
- Experience handling cash
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Initiative, common sense and a good sense of humor